Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

Well I'm back - took a small hiatus thinking I would wait to blog again on a different computer which I have yet to buy.    Damn tax season!

It's Easter Sunday morning and I sit here by myself (happy about that), thinking about Easter, and what it is that causes such celebration.    It seems everyone (well almost) celebrates Easter, even though they are not religious.    Christians celebrate the rising of Jesus Christ.   Non religious people, I think, celebrate spring and a little extra time to be with family.    In essence, spring is a re-birth of the earth as it wakes back up after a long cold winter. 

As I think about this, I realize that this is what this blog is about - it's about waking up after a long and cold winter (or many winters as life would have it), and being re-born.     Truly it is setting the "re-set button" and giving oneself permission to come back to life (or fight for your life).

I saw this on Pinterest yesterday and it really resonated with me:



There is a hymm in the Catholic religion (since it's Easter and all) that says, "Be not afraid, I go before you always, come follow me, and I will give you  rest."     Not to get too religious here, because I'm not, this message is one of trust that everything will work out, have faith that it will, and once you have faith that it will, you can be at peace.    

Happy Easter to you - may you have peace and enjoy the re-birth of the world.

Hugs,


No comments:

Post a Comment