Monday, August 12, 2013

How soon is too soon?

There are so many views and perspectives out there regarding how soon is too soon to date after splits-ville.  There are some of us who claim to mourn the relationship while in it and it's crashing and burning, so by the time it's over, we're ready to move on.   There are others who who say they need a year and then after one year of alone time, they are ready.

Is there a right answer to this question?    I have to admit, I mourned my marriage for years while in it.  Hence the anti-depressants, sleeping ills and over consumption of wine.    I did everything I could to deny and ignore the reality I knew to be true.  Once I woke up, it was long over.    No more mourning.  No more sadness.   Rather, the work began on trying to understand how I allowed it to happen, why I allowed a person like this in to my life and the lives of the people I loved.

So I ponder - is there a right answer to this question?    I wonder what the ladies from Sex in the City say about this subject?    Well we know what Samantha would say :)

My thoughts are that it's very personal - but do wonder if there is a "rule of thumb" out there.

In the meantime, peace and clarity to all,

Namaste,

No comments:

Post a Comment